Wills, Trusts and Probate Solicitors
Our experienced Wills, Trusts and Probate specialists offer professional advice of the highest standard. Planning for the future can be a daunting task, but our team is there to give you practical advice and guidance to secure peace of mind for you and your family.
We give straightforward and bespoke legal advice in the following areas:
- Wills – Whether your affairs are simple or complex, you need a professionally drafted Will to ensure your wishes are carried out properly and efficiently.
- Lasting Power of Attorney (Property & Financial Affairs/ Health & Care) –You have the opportunity to plan in advance and decide who should have the authority to make decisions about your property and finances and your health care if you are unable to do so yourself in the future.
- Inheritance Tax Planning – You need the very best professional advice to put in place the most effective measures to make sure you do not pay any more tax than you need to.
- Trusts – We may recommend the use of a trust for a variety of reasons. We can review your affairs with you, discuss your circumstances and objectives and advise you fully of the appropriate options.
- Estate Administration – Administering a person’s estate carries much responsibility and it is important that you fully understand your role. We guide you through the process with expert advice and the benefit of many years of experience within our specialist Probate team.
- Court of Protection – We strongly recommend that you speak with one of our specialist advisers if you think you need to make an application to the Court of Protection. We have handled many applications for our clients covering a whole range of issues and have built a vast array of experience in this area.
We also have a dedicated Elderly Client department – if you or a loved one would like advice on planning for the future and considering the Cost of Care, you can find more information by visiting our Elderly Client Department.
Being involved in a dispute over an Estate can be a costly and stressful experience. As well as administering the Estate and applying for Probate, our Dispute Resolution department can advise on all matters relating to Contentious Probate.
We are able to handle any property sales as part of the estate administration. Our Residential Property and Commercial Property departments can liaise with your solicitor so matters can be resolved in an efficient manner.
We have one of the largest and most experienced teams of dedicated Wills, Trusts & Probate professionals in the region.
We administer a significant number of estates. You might need us to help obtain a Grant of Probate or administer to highly complex/high value estates. All of our clients receive the same exemplary care and tailored advice, drawing on our decades of experience.
Andrew Oxenham provided highly professional advice and handled my concerns and requirements with positive approach, at a very difficult time for me.
Fiona Barnes was always approachable and confident in our decision making process, through her up to date knowledge.
As I had no previous experience of being an executor of a will, I was so thankful to deal with someone who was easy to talk to and who guided me through all the process with compassion.
We were very happy with the process of drafting wills; Rowena took the time to understand our needs & explained everything clearly to us. Would certainly recommend.
Toni was an absolute joy to deal with. She was both professional and personable at the same time and explained issues in a clear and concise manner. She is an asset to your business.
Stefanka was very approachable and supportive during a very stressful and emotional time. By passing the responsibility of Mum’s estate to a qualified representative, it took away a lot of worry for us.
Our staff members are committed to continuing professional development, which allows them to give the most up to date advice to their clients. We support our staff members in their membership to the following professional organisations:
- Solicitors for the Elderly
A national association of lawyers providing legal advice to older people, their families and carers.
- Probate Section of the Law Society
The membership group to help practitioners working in wills and probate, estate and tax planning, trusts, and mental capacity to be good at what they do, SRA compliant and progress their careers.
An international organisation whose primary purpose is to provide confidence to families by setting standards, training and educating its members, and upholding those standards.