Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. However, if at any point you becomes unhappy or concerned about the service we provided then you should inform us, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
Our complaints procedure
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the Lawyer who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If the problem cannot be satisfactorily resolved with the Lawyer then please take your complaint up with the Partner with overall responsibility for your case. His or her name will be detailed in the original Client Agreement letter. If matters still have not been resolved to your satisfaction, then please contact Trevor Wheatley, our Complaints Officer by:
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or
telephoning 01743 280100 or
writing to 21 St Mary’s Street, Shrewsbury. SY1 1ED.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 7 days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will investigate your complaint, which will normally involve Mr Wheatley speaking to the member of staff who acted for you and a written report.
3. Within 14 days of sending the acknowledgement letter to you, Mr Wheatley will aim to undertake a full review of the file and once the investigation is complete he will:-
a. If you wish, meet with you to discuss matters further and afterwards write to you detailing his findings and, where appropriate, provide proposed solution in writing within 40 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter or
b. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible or it is not appropriate, Mr Wheatley will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including where appropriate, his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 40 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. If you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again within 10 working days of Mr. Wheatley’s response to explain why you remain unhappy with our response. We will review your comments and hopefully resolve any points raised. If not, Mr. Wheatley will refer your complaint to, Diana Packwood, Managing Director to review his decision.
5. In the event of Mr. Wheatley’s absence from the office for any reason your complaint may initially be referred to Diana Packwood, Managing Director.
6. If you are not satisfied with the proposed solution or decision then you may refer your complaint to:-
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Minicom text phone user:
18002 0300 555 0333
1. Please note that the Legal Ombudsman will usually allow at least eight weeks for Wace Morgan to resolve the complaint.
2. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably be aware of it). However, the Legal Ombudsman will not accept complaints where the act or omission or date of awareness was before 6th October 2010.
3. You can also raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and further guidance is available on the following SRA link:-