An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wace Morgan Solicitors for a Finance Manager as a Full Time position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the financial function within our SME Law Firm and a Legal background is desirable. Additionally as the Finance Manager you will be experienced in the following key areas:-
- Controlling and monitoring financial activities of the Company
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts and Budget variance analysis
- Assist the Accountants in the preparation of the quarterly Management Accounts
- VAT review and reconciliation
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Preparing and monitoring Cash Flow predictions
- Report to the Board of Directors
- Identifying Future Financial Trends
- Payroll systems and processes
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Proficient in the use of Accountancy software
- Understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR 2019)
- Assisting the MD in adhering to financial compliance and governance requirements with a strong emphasis on Risk Management
- Assist the Directors in reaccreditation and surveillance visits in adherence with our Quality Assurance Standards
- Assist the Directors in the strategic development of the Company that work to minimise financial risk.
- Experience of using Case Management/Practice Management systems
You will need to be flexible with a can-do approach and also have the ability to work under pressure.
Wace Morgan have been established in Shrewsbury, Shropshire for over 250 years and are based in modern open-plan offices in the heart of Shrewsbury Town Centre. We are accredited members of both LawNet (ISO:9001 2015) and Lexcel Quality Standards.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th November 2019.
To apply for the position please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org